On Oct 4, 2010, at 3:20 PM, Cristopher Ewing wrote:

> Greetings all,
>
> I have taken the first steps towards a refactoring of ZopeSkel from a
> monolithic package into a federated series of namespace packages.  For
> information on the reasoning behind this move, and the goals of the move,
> please refer to the SPLITTING_PROPOSAL document in the trunk of ZopeSkel:
>
> http://dev.plone.org/collective/browser/ZopeSkel/trunk/SPLITTING-PROPOSAL.txt

I was reviewing the proposal and had a thought about naming. There is no real
reason to use the zopeskel namespace, especially for the core package.
Shouldn't we make the namespace more inviting to non Zope projects?

I took a look on pypi and there are current packages named skel and skeleton.
One abandoned package is called skeletor. It had similar goals way back when.
That would be a fitting name, but would probably be confusing given there is
already a skeletor package.

Just thought I'd voice my concern before we got too far into the renaming
process. The ZopeSkel egg could still serve as the all-in-one for Zope/Plone
devs.

Clayton
--
Six Feet Up, Inc. | Sponsor of Plone Conference 2010 (Oct. 25th-31st)
Direct Line: +1 (317) 861-5948 x603

How am I doing? Please contact my manager Gabrielle Hendryx-Parker
at gabrie...@sixfeetup.com with any feedback.