On Nov 15, 2010, at 1:23 PM, Josh Johnson wrote:

> On 11/15/2010 01:17 PM, Cristopher Ewing wrote:
>> contribute new templates. I'm thinking we need at least the following:
>>
>> plone4_buildout
>> plone4_theme
>>
>> We may also need modifications to the archetypes recipe to cover issues
>
> IIRC, the latest versions of plone3_buildout will take any (I guess)
> version of Plone when it asks. I've made Plone 4 buildouts with it a
> bunch of times over the past year.

I've done something similar for our internal buildout setup. It accepts 3.3.x
and 4.x versions. Just takes a few conditions to make everything work properly.

> Maybe the plone3_buildout template needs to be renamed?

+1

> Is there even a
> template for a pre-3.0 buildout?
>
> IMHO, any Plone buildouts should be rolled into one template class, and
> process differently depending on what version the user wants to use.

+1

Clayton
--
Six Feet Up, Inc. | Sponsor of Plone Conference 2010 (Oct. 25th-31st)
Direct Line: +1 (317) 861-5948 x603

How am I doing? Please contact my manager Gabrielle Hendryx-Parker
at gabrie...@sixfeetup.com with any feedback.