Thanks for your answer. I'm posting my comments on the dexterity_view local
command below so zopeskel.dexterity developers can follow up on it.

The dexterity_view local command currently has a single variable named
view_name. If you enter a name different from 'View', the Zope instance
fails to start because you end up with a class extending grok.View without a
render method nor a template associated to it. I have some ideas on what can
be done to improve the situation and the dexterity_view local command in

* Generate the template file based on the value provided in the view_name
variable rather than always generating a file named

* Add variable view_type to select whether to create a simple view or
DisplayForm view (technically, inherit from grok.View or from

* Add a variable to determine the context to which the view should be
registered for; basically what goes in the grok.context() directive. I can't
think of a better way to do this than asking for the full dotted name for
the schema class.