Hi all,

When you try to easy_install zopeskel.dexterity 1.2 with python2.4 (or use it with zc.buildout) you get this error:

error: Setup script exited with error: can't copy 'zopeskel/dexterity/templates/dexterity/+namespace_package+/+package+/content/__init__.py': doesn't exist or not a regular file An error occurred when trying to install zopeskel.dexterity 1.2. Look above this message for any errors that were output by easy_install.
While:
  Updating paster.
  Getting distribution for 'zopeskel.dexterity==1.2'.
Error: Couldn't install: zopeskel.dexterity 1.2

The mentioned file is available and there is nothing wrong with it; it is empty, but that is not a problem.

zopeskel.dexterity is affected by a strange bug in the tarfile module in python 2.4; if I recall correctly it is something like: if the 100th character in a path is a slash, the files under that path are ignored. Yes, very weird.

Two options work in this case:

- Release trunk as version 1.2.1: this leads to a slightly changed package structure due to the extra two characters '.1'; I can confirm that creating a virtualenv and doing a bin/easy_install of that tarball works.

- Better: indeed create a new release from trunk, but force creating a zip file instead of a tarball by using 'python setup.py sdist --formats=zip'. Come to think of it: we can force this by adding a setup.cfg with these contents:

[sdist]
formats = zip

I did that on trunk just now. I also fixed up the history file, which had some omissions.

Note that zest.releaser always creates a zip file when you use python2.4, to avoid exactly this problem.

Can someone create a new release? Package Index Owners on PyPI are: vangheem, kagesenshi, cewing

Thanks,

--
Maurits van Rees
Web App Programmer at Zest Software: http://zestsoftware.nl