Chris I was not talking about a stylesheet I am talking about changes in what
we display, meaniing changes in the xqdoc2xhtml module that impact all XQDoc
generated XHTML pages.
If for instance
- we decide it's better to show another section between the module description
and function summary (like it was the case with the annotations section)
- or we decide that one of the sections should look different (like it was the
case with the variables section)

Then, all XQDoc pages change. One can not know that something has
changed until one generates all the new XQDoc pages.

So you see why I say that the CMake way does not help in this case?

The solution is to have 'make xqdoc' even quicker and generate all the
pages every time: do you agree?

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/867125

Title:
  xqdoc does no dependency checking on inputs

Status in Zorba - The XQuery Processor:
  New

Bug description:
  Every time you type "make doc" it re-does the whole process, even if
  none of the inputs has changed. Until this is corrected, it is not
  reasonable to make the documentation part of the normal build process.