Discussion from the zorba-users mailing list:

Paul has checked in changes for the first problem, but the -DUNICODE
problem requires some Windows experience. I'm assigning this to Daniel
for the moment since I know he has worked with UNICODE stuff and I
believe works with Windows, but feel free to re-assign as necessary.

** Changed in: zorba
     Assignee: Paul J. Lucas (paul-lucas) => Daniel Turcanu (danielturcanu)

** Branch linked: lp:~zorba-coders/zorba/bug-885512

  Windows 8 Developer Preview bugs

  The Zorba code-base fails to compile using the "Windows 8 Developer