Will this still be a problem after Zorba 2.1 is published? (Which should
happen any time now)

This feature/convenience is optional. Module Authors are not required to
use it at all if they want.

There is a better solution for this:

One can enhance the macro with two optional parameters that, if not defined, it
will have the default values:

With those two parameters the developer can provide whatever path he
wants to his cmake modules.

** Changed in: zorba
     Assignee: Gabriel Petrovay (gabipetrovay) => Chris Hillery (ceejatec)

** Changed in: zorba

  This macro wasn't in Zorba 2.0. Therefore, using it in modules means
  that those modules require Zorba 2.1 for building, even though they
  (as far as I know) don't need it for running.

  There will probably be cases in the future where such dependencies are
  un-avoidable, but in this case SET_CMAKE_MODULE_PATH is at best a
  small convenience, so I don't think it's worth the cost. In fact, I
  think it's actually kind of a bad idea, because it enforces a
  directory naming convention on module authors.