Both options have pros and cons, and I don't have a strong opinion. I will ask
Matthias as well to see if he has one. In the mean time, I have changed
debugger_expr::compute_scripting_kind() to implement option 2 and I am going to
merge the branch.

About the other question on whether the debugger should apply the PUL returned
by an updating expr, I have decided to not apply it.

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~zorba-coders/zorba/markos-scratch/+merge/84652