I am not going to implement this since the current architecture is not
suitable for this unless ugly hacks are done which I don't want to do.

A subsequent iteration of the debugger client will require another
thought to separate the DBGP format (currently implemented in the
client's command line) and a possible simplified command line interface.

For example:
instead of the current:
(xqdb) breakpoint-set -f module.xq -l 1

the following should be enough:
(xqdb) b module.xq:1

and this should be converted internally to the previous long command.

In the same direction, the commands should make some guesses if some arguments
are missing as the first example David gave:
(xqdb) b 9

This should already guess that a breakpoint is needed either in the
current file (if during execution) or the main module (if before

** Changed in: zorba
     Assignee: Gabriel Petrovay (gabipetrovay) => (unassigned)

  Debugger: gdb way of adding breakpoints

  Setting breakpoints in zorba debugger client works very well already.
  But the way the breakpoints need to be set is a little bit circuitous.
  Would it be possible to do it the gdb way?

  For example setting breakpoints in the current file:
  (gdb) b 9
  Breakpoint 2 at 0x400a2b: file test.cpp, line 9.

  (gdb) b test.cpp:10
  Breakpoint 2 at 0x400a2d: file test.cpp, line 10.

  That would be awesome!