I have already investigated the 6 test failures.

5 of them are caused by the infamous "strings remain in pool" bug, and this
finally let me isolate the cause of that problem. I have updated bug 866932
with my findings and created a new test case to help in solving it; see that
bug for details.

In the meantime, there is a work-around I can put into place on this branch.
However, I'd like to give Markos et al a chance to see if there's a real fix

The 1 remaining test failure was caused by the EXpath http-client module
declaring a module version in the .xq file but not in the
DECLARE_ZORBA_MODULE() call. I have proposed a fix to that here:
although I'm not 100% sure my proposal is correct; waiting to hear Matthias's
thoughts on that one.