What I've figured out is the following:

1. The additional regressions and things I see are, I presume, the results of
the newer version of XQTS. This was changed by Sorin in r10594. I thought that
revision was already merged on the trunk, but evidently not.

2. The 6 regressions I reported above are ones that we've hit in the past -
they appear to be failing on the validation queue machine, but not on most
developer machines. In the past, we have more or less decided this is because
the validation queue machine is running an older version of ICU that has
certain bugs.

So, I have updated both known_failures files to add those 6 tests back in, and
am approving this merge.