I have committed the test framework for debugger server that tests the
DBGP communication in the lp:~zorba-coders/zorba/debugger_tests branch.

It runs perfectly on Windows.
On Linux it does NOT due to a lock that generates a dead lock (a condition
still waiting). This happens only when a DebuggerTest assert fails. For example
in asserting the <init> message, the fileuri attribute is not correct on
UNIX-based versions (Bug #918720). This assert failing causes some conditions
to wait and the UnitTests runs forever.

(This might be similar to a bug I have filed about another lock problem
on non-WIndows platform: Bug #918720.)

If all asserts succeed, UnitTests terminates correctly, but it is not
acceptable. If, in case of a debugger unit test failure on Linux,
UnitTests will block the remote queue on linux.

As of today, my contribution to Zorba will be very limited (if at all) so I am
removing myself as assignee from this bug.

** Changed in: zorba

** Changed in: zorba
     Assignee: Gabriel Petrovay (gabipetrovay) => Matthias Brantner
(matthias-brantner)

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/918626

Title:
  Debugger: Add unit tests

Status in Zorba - The XQuery Processor:
  Opinion

Bug description:
  New debugger unit tests are needed with the introduction of the new
  debugger in Zorba 2.2.