Public bug reported:

A customer form 28msec was able to produce an endless loop in
OrdPath::getLocalBitLength. Basically, the variable lastByte was set to
0 in line 360 -> the while loop never stops.

Unfortunately, I was not able to figure out under which circumstances
this behavior happens. But would it be possible to add an Assertion to
catch this failure? Moreover, it would be very nice to print some
information in case of assertions. E.g. the value of the current
Ordpath. Otherwise, it is almost impossible to reproduce an assertion.

I already talk to Matthias concerning printing some additional
information. He thinks it could be added to the stack print. He will get
in touch with you to discuss if it can be done without performance
regressions.

** Affects: zorba

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/922504

Title:
  Endless Loop in Ordpath generation - Assertion?

Status in Zorba - The XQuery Processor:
  New

Bug description: