Paul, can you please mark this bug as fix committed as soon as the
transcoding_streambuffer branch has been merged? If I understood
correctly, these changes should resolve the bug.

** Changed in: zorba
     Assignee: Matthias Brantner (matthias-brantner) => Paul J. Lucas
(paul-lucas)

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/867159

Title:
  fn:match fails if the string is non-utf8

Status in Zorba - The XQuery Processor:
  New

Bug description:
  I have a query that reads a lot of files and apply fn:match on them.
  Some files have non-utf8 characters, and file:read-text reads with no problem.
  fn:matches calls to_string to convert to ICU string, but that fails. So
fn:matches returns false, although I think it should raise an error. Actually
to_string should raise an error, otherwise the non-utf8 problem gets unnoticed.