The following query can be used to reproduce the bug with the branch at

import module namespace ft = "

The failing validation call is made at
src/runtime/full_text/ft_module_impl.cpp line 427.

The query works if the schema import is added to the query above.

import schema namespace ft-schema =

  wrong static context in built-in function in full-text module

  The error isn't raised if the schema is actually imported in the module that
  invokes the function which does the validation. This probably means that
  the static context of the function is the static context resulting from
  the importing module (instead the static context of the full-text module

  Alternatively, the in-scope element declarations could also become part
  of all the static contexts of the query. I think we have had this discussion
  a couple of times and I keep forgetting what we decided.