Two corrections:

 - The transcode::stream is given an explicit source encoding of ISO-8859-1.
Surely it should be passed lCharset?

 - The XQDoc for uri:decode() says that '+' will be replaced with ' ' before
percent-decoding. It is in fact done afterwards. I think actually it should be
done first, as the doc says, otherwise %2B will get converted to a space which
is probably not desirable.

One question: Is it guaranteed to be safe to do percent-decoding and
plus-substitution regardless of the encoding of the input string? Are we
presuming that since it's been percent-encoded, the input string is strictly
ASCII? It may be best to note that assumption in the doc as well.