Paul I see your point.
thing is that you, as always, see only your point :). Nothing new under the Sun

So, thanks for reporting this issue and for the proposed fix: I will
look into it.

As for the comment that XQDoc is *broken* I would say that XQDoc does not
support invalid XML entities in comments.
It's a known issue and please stop treating it as a *show stopper*.

** Summary changed:

- XQDoc doesn't understand
+ XQDoc doesn't support invalid XML entities

  XQDoc doesn't support invalid XML entities

  Given the following HTML as part of an XQDoc comment:

  one gets the error:

  can not parse as XML for xqdoc: loader parsing error: Entity 'nbsp'
  not defined; raised at /Users/pjl/src/flwor/zorba/repo/feature-

  The parser needs to accept &nbsp; so a non-breaking space can be
  included in the HTML.