Hi Markos, I mostly agree with your analysis, just not quite on the conclusion.
I think that the issue is precisely that it is implementation-dependent (and
stable), but not implementation-defined, which means that there is no, and
should not be any (documented) rule in the Sausalito store that says which one
comes first. If we go in the direction of adding expected results, I am afraid
we might need to add all of the possibly returned nodes.

When suggesting these changes, I had the feeling that specifying an id instead
of a position did not decrease the relevancy of the test (which test, for
instance, index probing), while keeping the test result deterministic in spite
of the "unorderedness" of the collection.

I would be fine either way, there are just more changes involved with the first

Does it make sense?