There is no crash currently in the form that it is in the bug.

But if I modify to:

import schema namespace pul = ""; at "s.xsd";
validate { <element xmlns=''></element> }

There is this error:

$ ./bin/zorba -f -q ../../../xqSample/prefixedDefaultValue/q.xq
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
 dynamic error [err:XQDY0027]: "Schema validation failed: undefined prefix in
QName value 'my:default-value'": unexpected validity property; raised at

  Setting a prefixed default value for an attribute typed as xs:QName
  makes zorba crash.

  Upon import of the following schema in a query, Zorba crashes.

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <xs:element name="element">
        <xs:attribute name="type-name" type="xs:QName"

  import schema namespace pul = ""; at "schema.xsd";

  It seems to be because the prefix binding of "my" (the default value's
prefix) is forgotten outside of the schema (removing this prefix does not lead
to a crash).