** Branch linked: lp:~zorba-coders/zorba/bug-857263-build-doc
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Zorba
Coders, which is the registrant for Zorba.
Build/install doc is terrible
Status in Zorba - The XQuery Processor:
The build.dox, installation.dox, build_ubuntu.dox, and several related
files have numerous errors. Here are some:
- build.dox mentions there are a number of build options, but does not
document them. (It previously pointed to a page of *XQuery* options,
but I deleted that link.)
- installation.dox includes stuff about building (not just
installing), and that stuff is all Makefile-specific.
- installation.dox refers to setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH and so on which
is not, as far as I know, required. The final section about ldconfig
on Ubuntu is also obsolete and wrong as far as I know.
- build_ubuntu.dox is not entirely accurate, but a lot of it is
redundant with the main build instructions.
- If we have build_ubuntu.dox, we should probably have separate pages
for (at least) Fedora, Windows, and MacOS too. There is a lot of
information specific to Linux, Windows, and MacOS on the main build
page that could probably be spread around.
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~zorba-coders
Post to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~zorba-coders
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp