I'm tempted to call this "user error"... I agree it looks like it should
work, but that assumption relies on file:read-text() materializing the
file contents in memory. We don't want that, and I think we need to
accept that Windows will make streaming difficult in this sense.

However, we SHOULD probably offer some function somewhere that would
make it possible for a query author to do the right thing - some kind of
"close" mechanism. It's possible that scoping $data in this query would
be sufficient to solve this problem; Dennis, could you try that out?

  open filestream prevents file deletion on windows

  the bug fix for bug #996084 seems to be a bit more tricky on windows.
  If you execute the attached example on a windows machine you will get:

  user-defined error [file:FOFL9999]: An unknown error occured:
  "C:\data.txt": I/O error: 32 failed (error The process cannot access
  the file because it is being used by another process): Can not delete
  file: C:\data.txt; raised at

  The problem is that the file cannot be deleted as long as the file
  stream is open. This example query works on linux.

  This makes the 2 tests test/rbkt/zorba/file/copy_* fail on windows.
  Any idea how to solve this?