Why should the results be base64 items? The results should be raw binary
data. If printed to a terminal, I should expect to get what looks like
garbage but is in fact the raw binary data.  base64 is a TEXT
representation of binary data.

  resulting base64 in http-client is wrong

  I am having a query (see attachment) which imports the same image with
  the file and the http-client module. Unfortunately, the resulting
  base64 values are different. The file module works properly. The
  imported base64 string is correct. But the one coming from the http-
  client module is broken.

  Before running the query, you need to download the image file into the
  directory where the query is located. e.g. wget