The default serialization of zorba is XML (I guess). Therefore, it
cannot return binary data. Therefore, it returns the base64 string. I
think zorba doesn't have an option to use binary serialization. Right?

  resulting base64 in http-client is wrong

  I am having a query (see attachment) which imports the same image with
  the file and the http-client module. Unfortunately, the resulting
  base64 values are different. The file module works properly. The
  imported base64 string is correct. But the one coming from the http-
  client module is broken.

  Before running the query, you need to download the image file into the
  directory where the query is located. e.g. wget