I figured out part of the problem. The HTTP spec says that the default
character encoding is ISO 8859-1, so in my previous change, I always set
the character encoding to that.  If you specify an override-media-type
such as "application/octet-stream" but do NOT include a character
encoding, it therefore defaults to ISO 8859-1 that, in this case, is
wrong.  The bytes need to pass through untouched.

I therefore think I need to make it so that if you provide NO
"charset=..." in the override-media-type, then the character encoding
shall remain empty and no transcoding will take place.

  resulting base64 in http-client is wrong

Status in Zorba - The XQuery Processor:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  I am having a query (see attachment) which imports the same image with
  the file and the http-client module. Unfortunately, the resulting
  base64 values are different. The file module works properly. The
  imported base64 string is correct. But the one coming from the http-
  client module is broken.

  Before running the query, you need to download the image file into the
  directory where the query is located. e.g. wget