** Changed in: zorba

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/874679

Title:
  Clean up second arg to ADD_TEST_DIRECTORY()

Status in Zorba - The XQuery Processor:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  The second (optional) argument to ADD_TEST_DIRECTORY() contains a list
  of test cases that should be skipped (ie, not created at all). This is
  extremely dangerous. By bypassing them entirely, there is no way of
  detecting when the bug is fixed. We have already had serious problems
  caused by test removal hiding the introduction of new bugs in the
  past.

  I understand that removing a test that segfaults is necessary on
  Windows in order for the tests to run unattended. However, it should
  never be done on other platforms. So ADD_TEST_DIRECTORY() should
  instead mark the bugs as EXPECTED_FAILURE()s on other platforms. (I
  realize that *currently* all places that pass a list of segfaulting
  tests to ADD_TEST_DIRECTORY() are inside an IF(WIN32), but this is not
  sufficient - ADD_TEST_DIRECTORY() itself must enforce that the tests
  are skipped only on Windows, or else sooner or later someone will
  accidentally do it wrong. There's currently no documentation either,
  making this much more likely.)

  In order to do this, ADD_TEST_DIRECTORY() needs to either accept a
  list of pairs of the form (testname, bug ID), or else accept two
  parallel lists (testnames and bug IDs), so it can pass the bug number
  to EXPECTED_FAILURE().

  A slightly more difficult approach would be to introduce a new
  KNOWN_SEGFAULT() macro that handled this in conjunction with
  ADD_TEST_DIRECTORY(). I'm not totally sure this is a good idea,
  though, because it would (silently) not do anything for tests added by
  any means other than ADD_TEST_DIRECTORY().