Hey Chris
I made merge proposals. I implemented everything in cmake. Because it is less
lines of code :-).

I am wondering if the same should be done here: swig/java/CMakeLists.txt

What do you think?

  on ubuntu 12.04, Java and/or JNI not found

  Hey Chris

  Java and/or JNI is not found on ubuntu 12.04. Therefore, fop doesn't
  work. I think the paths to java stuff changed on ubuntu 12.04. Maybe,
  cmake 2.8.8 is handle those changes. cmake 2.8.7 is not.