That's... really weird. Are you aware of other tools that work that way
on Windows?

Regardless, very interesting. I agree that this call will be necessary
to support users installing ImageMagick themselves. I do wonder,
however, how we are going to call InitializeMagick() if we need to
provide the path to the ImageMagick installation. How are we supposed to
find the ImageMagick libraries on the user's system at runtime?

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1010746

Title:
  animation.xq test crashes using Windows installer

Status in Zorba - The XQuery Processor:
  New

Bug description:
  1. Install Zorba 2.5.0 on Windows using installer from:

    http://www.2shared.com/file/2ksHal6V/zorba-250-win32-x86.html

  2. Download the image module source (lp:zorba/image-module) to some
  directory.

  3. cd image-module/test/Queries/image

  4. zorba -f -q animation.xq

  "zorba.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" dialog pops
  up.