Status from Nicolae as of Jun 12:

W3C testsuite tests. To fix those, the following would need to be done:

   a) HOF coercion: automatic wrapping of HOFs when they are passed
as parameters to ensure type checking
       -- this is implemented.

   b) Local variables scoping and binding: this appears to be the
largest task.
       -- I have partially implemented it -- some tests are passing.
This is the task I'm currently working on.

   c) Partial apply.
       -- Not implemented yet. It should be easier to do once b) is
fully finished.

   d) The rest of tests. There are a few small issues that need to be
fixed to have the rest of the tests passing.
        -- I have fixed some of those, e.g. the serializer no longer
crashes when function items are encountered, several crashes in the
typesystem are fixed.

  60 Higher Order Functions tests fail in XQuery 3.0

  The conformance reports for XQuery 3.0 can be found at :

  Can you please take a look and mention if any of them should be fixed
  for Zorba 2.0 release.