Hi Chris, thanks a lot for your comments! I also think it is worth exploring a
long-term solution.

I am not sure suggestion 1. would work, since the problem comes from the
installation paths that take precedence - removing the build paths would
probably not change this (at least in the case of running tests).

The bug report description however (suggestion 2.) makes a lot of sense to me
and I agree with you that an ideal solution would include runtime path
discovery. I will give it some thoughts.

Thanks again for your input!