Matthias - we worked on something recently (I can't remember exactly what)
which also involved a function to mark whether a stream was seekable or not. In
particular, I asked for the comment to define clearly what "seekable" meant -
does it mean arbitrarily seekable, or just restartable, or forward-seekable
only, or what.

Do you remember where that code was? At any rate, I would make the same request
here - "seekable" is not IMHO sufficiently explicit. Other than that it looks
good.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~zorba-coders/zorba/core_archive_module/+merge/112661