There's the existing test analyze_string12.xq:

fn:analyze-string("bacdeeg", "b(a(c)(d(e)(e)g))")

that has recursive regex subgroups.  That test passes, so I don't know
what to tell you.

I'd say to close this bug. If some user encounters such a bug, we can
re-open it.

** Changed in: zorba

  fn:analyze-string does not work properly

  fn:analyze-string does not work properly when using recursive regex