Public bug reported:

zorbacmd's "-f -q" arguments are ugly. It would make more sense to
introduce the ability to name query files simply by listing them on the
command line without a leading hyphen-option, eg.

  zorba /tmp/foo.xq /tmp/bar.xq

would execute the queries contained in those two files. We could then
deprecate -f, and remove it entirely in Zorba 3.0.

If we do this, we need to ensure that the newly-added ability to use
Zorba as a shebang command in Unix shell scripts also works without
specifying any arguments on the shebang line; that is,

  #!/usr/bin/zorba
  1

should work and return "1".

-q would remain unchanged for specifying queries directly on the
command-line.

** Affects: zorba

** Changed in: zorba

** Changed in: zorba
    Milestone: None => 2.7

** Changed in: zorba
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Chris Hillery (ceejatec)

** Changed in: zorba

** Changed in: zorba
     Assignee: Chris Hillery (ceejatec) => Luis Rodriguez Gonzalez (kuraru)

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1025564

Title:
  Deprecate -f argument to zorbacmd

Status in Zorba - The XQuery Processor: