Or, is in fact there some other more-correct solution to the original
stackoverflow problem? I see you later said that PHP isn't supporting
VC6 anymore either, so what is that user supposed to do?

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1026192

Title:
  Need Zorba/VC6 installer for PHP users

Status in Zorba - The XQuery Processor:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  As discussed here:

  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10990912/php-cant-initialize-zorba-
  apis-module

  If a Zorba binary compiled with VC6 is the only way to use PHP/Zorba
  on Windows, then we should provide such an installer.