Or, is in fact there some other more-correct solution to the original
stackoverflow problem? I see you later said that PHP isn't supporting
VC6 anymore either, so what is that user supposed to do?

  Need Zorba/VC6 installer for PHP users

  As discussed here:

  If a Zorba binary compiled with VC6 is the only way to use PHP/Zorba
  on Windows, then we should provide such an installer.