I am assigning to Ghislain simply to ensure that it stays on my planning

** Changed in: zorba
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Ghislain Fourny (gislenius)

  streaming and sequential flwor

  If a FLWOR has a sequential return clause, all of the binding
  sequences of the clauses are materialized before the return clause is
  executed. This behavior is correct according to the latest Scripting
  specification and avoids confusion if the return clause would modify
  any input to one of the clauses.

  However, the downside is that there is currently no way to stream the
  input. For example, in the following query, $contents is completely
  materialized before the sequential local:test function is invoked.

  variable $xmlcontents := fetch:content("big-file.xml");

  let $contents := parse-xml:parse(
          <opt:parse-external-parsed-entity opt:skip-root-nodes="1" />
  for $w at $pos in $contents

  There has been an extensive discussion on zorba-dev (subject
  "Streaming and Sequential FLWOR -> no good") on this topic but no
  satisfying solution has been found, yet.