Yep, it looks like this isn't working. Paul, please investigate.

I'm attaching a query that demonstrates most of the missing escape
sequences in JSON serialization (based on Mauro's original). I only
didn't include any unicode escapes since I know I don't know how to
generate those correctly.

I suspect that JSONiq does many of these correctly, so perhaps the
serialization code could be shared? On the other hand, now would be a
good time to create some test cases for all of these with JSONiq and
verify that it does indeed handle them right...

** Attachment added: "reproduce.xq"

  JSON Module not escaping escape characters

  The module doesn't convert escaped characters as you would expect. You
instead get a string containing the string with it's unescaped value. A
conversion needs to be implemented, something such as:
  JSON <-> XML
  \"    <-> &quot;
  \\    <-> \
  \/    <-> /
  \b    <-> &#x8;
  \n    <-> *actual newline*
  \r    <-> *actual carriage return*
  \u$$$$<-> &#x$$$$; or #$$$$$; with the correct hex-decimal conversion
  >     <-> &gt;
  '     <-> &apos;

  This proposition might create a regresion related to bug #866757.