Hi Matthias,

I think you finally convinced me that it can be seen as a type error, but for a
slightly different reason :-)

The spec used to say so indeed, but it is no longer the case. We decided in our
e-mail discussion that objects and arrays do no match function types. Did I
miss anything while updating the spec, or is any page not up-to-date?

What happens now is that the PostFixExpr grammar construct is overloaded to do
either dynamic function calls (in which case arity is involved in type
matching) or JSON item selection (always unary). The choice call/selection
occurs dynamically based on the type of the base expression. Meaning that if
the construct is not unary, it must be a call, and the type of the base
expression must match function(*) - which objects and arrays do not.

I have just updated the branch accordingly. The error code now reads JNTY0018.

Thanks for your thorough feedback!