> > Actually, I was going to open another bug after this was merged (since the
> bug existed before my changes).  The old (and still current) code catches the
> exception and throws a new exception passing the existing what() message --
> that's wrong since the what() message from the json::* exceptions is only in
> English (which is fine since json::* exceptions should never be seen by the
> user anyway).
> No, it didn't do that before.

Yes, it really did (and still does).  The <value> for the error was/is simply
$1 which means the entire error message came from the json::* exception as-is
in English only.

> > What bugs?
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/zorba/+bug/1081626 and the duplicate one. I think
> you included
> the patch I appended to this bug, right?

I actually discovered the glaringly obvious bug independently and fixed it;
however, your patch has the order different.  Does it matter?