Sorry, Ghislain, I did not see Mathias questions and your answers. Now I
understand why there 2 root pointers. But I still don't see why a
CollectionTreeInfo must be heap-allocated every time an XmlTree is constructed.
And I have one more question: an XML tree can have a tree ID even if it is not
in a collection. The tree id is used in the construction of structural
references, and maybe in other places that I don't remember right now. In your
merge proposal I see that the tree id is changed when a tree is inserted in a
collection, its tree id changes. Are you sure this is OK? And does it really
need to change?

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~zorba-coders/zorba/xml-in-json-indices/+merge/122548