> I am not sure about switching back to xs:string instead of xs:anyURI -
> somehow, I find it semantically weird. Perhaps this deserves an offline
> discussion?
Yes. Both have pros and cons. Having xs:string is consistent with fn:doc.
Also, it makes it easier for the user. For instance, the user doesn't need
to add an explicit cast to xs:anyURI if he retrieves the reference as a
parameter from an
28msec http request. Having xs:anyURI is obviously type-safe and better for
documentation purposes. I'm fine either way.

Just agree with William. ;-)