> For both cases, the function invocation with 0 and 1 arguments?
> Does the dynamic function call itself (i.e. on function items) also do
> implicit iteration?
> If not, how does the translator decide whether implicit iteration has to be
> done
> or not?

The current XQuery 3.0 spec does not talk about implicit iteration for dyn func
invocation. But I remember Ghislain syaing that he will try to add implicit
iteration to the spec. Don't know if he tried and failed, or did not try at
all, or whether he actually succeeded and it just has not been made public yet.

But no matter what, this is a case where I wouldn't mind a slight divergence
from the official spec as the resulting implementation is much cleaner and
actually more general as well.

Furthermore, I think we should get rid of the ZORBA_WITH_JSONIQ compiler flag
and use an option to enable/disable jsoniq. So, we can get back to 100% XQuery
conformance by disabling jsoniq.