> It's a duration. It does not have a start/end date. So you cannot possibly
> know if you're in a leap year.

True, but the fact remains that having a constant for the number of seconds in
a year is non-sensical for a duration.

> I've searched a bit, but I cannot find the spec where it says how to perform
> the duration normalization ...

Did you ask the W3C?  Or file a bug against the spec?

> ... but the code in Duration::normalize() assumes a year has 60 * 60 * 24 *
> 30 * 12 seconds.

So?  Where did that code come from?  What makes you think that code is correct?
Your team Zorba Coders is requested to review the proposed merge of
lp:~nbrinza/zorba/bugs2 into lp:zorba.