> import module namespace xqxq = 'http://www.zorba-xquery.com/modules/xqxq';
> variable $queryID := xqxq:prepare-main-module('declare variable $ext2
> external; $ext2');
> fn:local-name-from-QName(xqxq:variable-type-name($queryID, xs:QName('ext2')))
> returns xs:anyType. Shouldn't it be anyType? I think the QName is not
> constructed
> correctly.
What do you mean is not being constructed correctly?

> xs:anyType should not be a string constant in the code. I think this should
> come from the typemanager.
The thing with the variables that doesn't have a type specified in code when
asked about the XQType of the variable using the function var->getType it
returns a NULL pointer that is why a set a constant value of xs:anyType, now
you don't want this to be constant what should I do then? create a new  any
type XQType variable using the TypeManager and return it's schemaString()?