> - I don't think the prefix and the namespace for an annotation are needed. One
> should be good enough because the namespaces are listed at the beginning of
> the document.
Done in r11559.

> - Rename localname to just name
Done in r11559.

> - Would it be possible to keep the numeric type (i.e. xs:integer, xs:decimal,
> or xs:double)
Done in r11559.

> - It looks like the string literal ''no message delivered'' is missing the
> second ' at the beginning and the end in the annotation. Am I missing
> something?
Yes, I think you are missing the fact that the actual function annotation is:

declare %restxq:form-param("message","{$message}", "'no message delivered'", 5)
function annotations:function()

and NOT:
declare %restxq:form-param("message","{$message}", "''no message delivered''",
5) function annotations:function()

In the annotations.xq test-case the module is given as text and that is why
there is an escaping of the ' : does this makes sense?
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~zorba-coders/zorba/fix_bug_1124374/+merge/174398