I assume this is a problem with the number of Erlang SMP schedulers, not with
the cores.

Probably with a single core there is only a single scheduler.
Though, if I remember correctly, there is an option to set more schedulers.

Could the image (or our startup scripts?) be changed so that Erlang is always
started with at least two (or more) schedulers?

- Marc

---