Good question.

The initial datamodel we are working with is from 2009.
Back then there were quite some 32 bit machines, now replaced with 64 bits.

For all core modules it is quite straightforward to replace int with bigint.
It needs some work on other, external, modules.
But that could be done bit by bit.

Maybe you could add an issue on GitHub?
Then we can take the discussion there.

- Marc

> On 28 Feb 2017, at 08:08, David Tran <hiepsy...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> 1. I see that Zotonic uses integer as id for auto-increment primary key in
> Postgres tables such as rsc, edge. Max value of an interger is 2147483647.
> Let's say I have a rather heavy traffic site that will allow members to
> insert 1000 pages per second continuously. Would I run out of number for id
> in about 25 days?
> 2. If #1 is true, how would I use bigserial as id in our Postgres schema?
>
> Regards,
> David
>
> --
>
> ---