We are preparing a huge update to the 1.0-dev (aka master) branch.
This update will make Zotonic compatible with Erlang OTP projects.
All modules and sites become OTP applications.
This BREAKS ALL existing Zotonic-master installs, so DO NOT UPGRADE!
And now for some Q&A.
What is changing?
* All sites must become Erlang OTP applications
* All modules must become Erlang OTP applications
* Zotonic is being split up in different apps, for better re-use
* All Zotonic parts are published as separate packages to hex.pm
* Use the hex package manager for module installations
* The zotonic umbrella project which can be used for core development
* There will be separate “starter” projects for easy development
* rebar3 templates for creating
When will what happen?
In the coming days we will merge the OTP branch into master.
The pull request is: https://github.com/zotonic/zotonic/pull/1717
After this we will update with some missing pieces:
- rebar3 templates https://github.com/zotonic/zotonic/issues/1737
- hex for module installs https://github.com/zotonic/zotonic/issues/1742
- user module/site handling with _checkouts
After we added logging we can call it a release candidate.
What is the overall structure of a site/module?
Template, css, js etc. all move into the priv directory.
All Erlang source files move into the src directory
We will keep you updated via the list.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Zotonic developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.