Marc,

While playing with DBless Zotonic and decided to get rid of mod_admin, it
appeared that mod_translation dependent on mod_admin.
This dependence looks weak enough:
- 2 records definitions in admin_menu.hrl
- "language_list" variable stored in db
(https://github.com/zotonic/zotonic/pull/1888)

Is there any special reason in this dependence?
Since Zotonic getting more modular, could it be good to decouple it?

Regards,
Kirill

вторник, 13 марта 2018 г., 18:35:35 UTC+3 пользователь Kirill Sysoev
написал:

> Thanks, Marc!
>
> This is exactly what I was looking for.
>
> Regards,
>
> вторник, 13 марта 2018 г., 14:46:29 UTC+3 пользователь Marc Worrell
> написал:
>>
>> Yes.
>>
>> You can check the zotonic_status site config:
>>
>>  %% This site doesn't use a database connection
>>  {dbdatabase, none},
>>
>> This disables the database for the given site.
>> Be careful that a lot of modules do need database support.
>>
>> Cheers, Marc
>>

>> On 13 Mar 2018, at 12:44, Kirill Sysoev <kirill...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> I would like to use Zotonic as a framework only.
>> Is there an easy way to run site on Zotonic without Postgres installed on
>> the system?
>>
>> I see DB check hardcoded into install_check, but maybe there is a hidden
>> silver bullet to get rid of that? :))
>>
>> Regards,
>> Kirill
>>
>> --