Hi,

I have just installed zotonic using your documentation and I get the
zotonic status site page but when I try to login with a password I get.

This password is not correct.
You can find the password in ~/.zotonic/[version]/zotonic.config.

or

or a browser error

postgre=# \l
zotonic     | zotonic  | UTF8     | en_GB.UTF-8 | en_GB.UTF-8 |
=Tc/zotonic        +
             |          |          |             |             |
zotonic=CTc/zotonic

when I look at zotonic.config i have

%%% PostgreSQL database defaults.
%%% These are the defaults for the equally named options in your site's
config file.
   {dbdatabase, "zotonic"},
   {dbschema, "public"},
   {dbpassword, []},
   {dbuser, "zotonic"},
   {dbport, 5432},
   {dbhost, "localhost"},

I have re-run

ALTER USER zotonic WITH PASSWORD 'zotonic';

but it does not change the {dbpassword, []}

running this on macbook pro 15" 2015 with macos mojave 10.14.2
compiled zotonic with erlang 20.0

I know I am nearly there but missing something - new to erlang and postgres

I did try docker run -v `pwd`:/opt/zotonic/user/sites -p 8443:8443
zotonic/zotonic-heavy but it did not install.

thanks
Ed

--

---