H Marc,

I have tried 16.04.5 and 18.04.2 droplets on Digitaloceon and tried it a
number of times on fresh 16.04.5 droplets.
I have not tried Debian yet.

I have also tried it on Nixos 17 and make ran OK - once I added the right
supporting applications.
That does not mean Zotonic will be happy on NixOS without some other
problems. I still have to get Postgres running on Nix.

I would like to get Zotonic running on Digitaloceon first and then continue
seeing if I can run Zotonic on NixOS.
I have a server with NixOS on AWS and on VPSFreeze.org.

I have not tried installing zotonic on AWS.

I have an account with Scaleway but have decided not to use them for
Zotonic.

I will try Kerl on DigitalOceon.

Any tips for configuring zotonic to run on a secure VPS will be welcome.

thanks

Eddie
vpsFree.orgvpsFree.orgvpsFree.org
On Thursday, March 7, 2019 at 11:53:41 AM UTC, Marc Worrell wrote:

> We are using Ubuntu and Debian servers.
> And for dev Mac OS X.
>
> For switching Erlang releases we are using kerl.
> That works fine, in fact I use it now even in production.
>
> My own servers are running at TransIP.
> But others are running servers at many other places.
>
> I might try to get a demo server up & running with Scaleway.
> They are pretty cheap, but no idea if there is a catch to that price.
>
> Did you try with stock Ubuntu or Debian?
>
> Maybe others have some suggestions?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Marc
>

> On 6 Mar 2019, at 19:17, laye...@gmail.com <javascript:> wrote:
>
> Hi Marc
>
> Is it possible to run my installation on the same hosting provider you use
> so that my zotonic installation mirrors yours?
> That might be one way of doing this.
>
> Eddie
>

> On Wednesday, March 6, 2019 at 4:20:59 PM UTC, Marc Worrell wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I think cowboy is now OTP-19+ only.
>>
>> Can you check with OTP-19 or 20?
>>
>> Cheers, Marc
>>

>> On 6 Mar 2019, at 17:19, laye...@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> Hi Marc,
>>
>> Still fumbling around trying to get a working zotonic installation....
>>
>> I am using an ubuntu 16.04.5 digitaloceon droplet.
>> I am logged in as user zotonic.
>>
>> I installed the dependencies...
>>
>> sudo apt-get install build-essential git erlang imagemagick postgresql
>>

>> zotonic@ubuntu-zotonic:~/zotonic$ erl -v
>> Erlang/OTP 18 [erts-7.3] [source] [64-bit] [async-threads:10]
>> [kernel-poll:false]
>>
>> Eshell V7.3  (abort with ^G)
>>

>> I ran git clone https://github.com/zotonic/zotonic.git
>> cd /zotonic
>> make
>>
>> and got these errors at the end of the make.
>>

>> ===> Compiling _build/default/lib/cowlib/src/cow_sse.erl failed
>> _build/default/lib/cowlib/src/cow_sse.erl:32: syntax error before: ':='
>>
>> _build/default/lib/cowlib/src/cow_sse.erl:44: type event() undefined
>>
>> GNUmakefile:27: recipe for target 'compile' failed
>> make: *** [compile] Error 1
>> zotonic@ubuntu-zotonic:~/zotonic$
>>

>> I have had various problems getting zotonic to compile on earlier
>> droplets with missing components
>>

>> On an earlier droplet I got these errors.
>>
>> *2. *Missing components similar to this link
>> https://sea-region.github.com/asdf-vm/asdf/issues/415
>>
>> any ideas? still just following the developer instructions
>>
>> Eddie
>>
>> --
>>
>> ---
>>

> --