Okay, issue resolved, it was user error... In the template "email_base.tpl"
the "email/_body_media.tpl" is referenced, and I was able to add the new
category there.

I just have to say, the longer I use Zotonic, the more impressed I am with
both it's flexibility and comprehensive amount of built-in functionality.
Many, many thanks to you and the other contributors for this amazingly well
designed piece of software.

--

---